How To Install WordPress Theme
How to install wordpress theme – WordPress is so powerful because of its functionality and features. WordPress has the functionality to add themes, plugins, and widgets. Users can use required themes and plugins easily on their website. We already discussed how to use plugins in WordPress. Today, we are going to learn how to install WordPress theme on WordPress website.
At the beginning, I suggest you to start with Free WordPress Themes or blogger.com as there is no cost to buy those themes and they have enough design structure to give a great look and feel to your first WordPress Website.
Install WordPress Theme
There are 3 method to install themes on your website. follow below step to install the theme.
- Install wordpress theme from wordpress admin panel
- Install wordpress theme via FTP
- Install wordpress theme via Cpanel
Install wordpress theme from wordpress admin panel
Login to your WordPress Dashboard
In the admin menu, go to Appearance > Themes
Click on Add New
In the next screen, you will see numbers of themes available in WordPress.Org, you can choose any one of them from features, popular or latest. If you need any special theme based on category, you can filter the theme using Feature Filter.You can search them from the search section. Write the name of the theme you are looking for.Hover over the theme which you want to install.
Click on Install and Activate to active that theme.
All the items are only from WordPress.Org. If you want to install the theme from other places, you need to upload the zip file of the theme. See the below steps to upload the zip file of the theme.
Go to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload Theme > Browse
Select the theme ZIP file, make sure the zip file is only of the theme. Example of zip name is, your theme.zip
Click on Activate after completing the upload.
Install WordPress Theme via FTP
You can also buy premium wordpress themes from marketplace webiste like Themeforest Ttemplatemonster etc. and install the theme via FTP. Follow the below steps to upload theme via FTP,
- First, log in to your site via FTP( File Transfer Protocol ) and browse to your folder located at wp-content/themes.
- Upload the theme zip file or you can directly upload the unzipped theme file. If you upload the ZIP file, you need to unzip it.
- Once the uploading is completed then log in to your WordPress site.
- Next to Activate the theme Go to Appearance >> Themes.
Install WordPress theme via Cpanel
Installing WordPress theme via Cpanel is another method. Follow the below steps to install the theme via Cpanel.
- First, log in to your Cpanel via the browser. ( You need login details like username and password to access the Cpanel )
- Go to file manager section of Cpanel.
- Go to public_html folder and wp-content.
- Inside wp-content, you will get themes.
- Upload the themes folder inside the themes. You need to extract the zip file.
These are the complete installation process in different ways. Hope it will work for you.
Congratulations! You now know how to properly install a WordPress theme